Monday, June 29, 2009

Menu - June 29th














I've been MIA for the past couple weeks, but I'm trying to get back on track. In that spirit, here's this week's menu.

Monday

Shredded Beef Tacos
Mexican Rice

Tuesday
Baseball tonight so super-easy supper rules.
Hot dogs
Chips
Veggies with Dip

Wednesday
Grilled Rosemary-Salmon Spedini
Rice
Fresh Fruit Salad with Pineapple, Kiwi, Strawberries, and Grapes

Thursday
Grilled Chicken
Fettuchini Alfredo
Garden Salad

Friday
Marinated Steak
Baked Red Potatoes with Butter and Chives
Fresh-from-the-farm Corn on the Cob

Saturday
Homemade Pizza

Sunday
Chicken Caesar Salad
Tomato Basil Soup (see below for recipe)

For even more menu ideas, visit I'm an Organizing Junkie!


Tomato Basil Soup

1 small-medium yellow onion, diced
3-4 T. olive oil
4 cups crushed tomatoes (I used Hy-Vee Italian canned)
4 cups chicken broth
14 washed, fresh basil leaves (I cut out stems)
1 cup heavy cream
2 T. butter

First, heat olive oil in stock pot or large saucepan. Saute diced onion until soft (about 10 minutes). Add tomatoes and broth. Simmer for 30 minutes. Using a blender, puree in small batches (about 5), along with basil leaves, until desired consistency. Return to pan. Add cream and butter and heat until hot over low heat, stirring frequently.

This soup is so good! It makes me extremely grateful that I planted basil in my teeny-tiny garden.

4 comments:

  1. I'm going to try your soup! Thanks for sharing the recipe! Becki (through MPM)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the soup recipe looks awesome! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE your blog name! very attention getting!

    ReplyDelete