Saturday, January 31, 2009

Food - Fast & Easy Mexican Night


One of my favorite crockpot dishes is Chicken Tacos because they are super easy and very good at the same time. Paired with my lazy version of Mexican rice, they make for a good, hot meal with minimal effort.

Crockpot Chicken Tacos

3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 jar of your favorite salsa (I use medium)
2 tsp. taco seasoning (optional)

Put chicken breasts in the bottom of the crockpot. Pour salsa over chicken and sprinkle with taco seasoning. Cook on low 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5 hours. About 1/2 hour before serving, shred chicken inside crockpot and continue cooking. Add flour tortillas, shredded cheese, and your favorite toppings. Viola!


Mexican Rice

1 c. long grain white rice
1 T. vegetable oil
1 c. salsa (I use medium)
1 c. chicken broth

Heat oil in saucepan over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add rice and cook until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Add salsa and chicken broth and bring to a boil. Cover and bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. Stir halfway through cooking time.

2 comments:

  1. I have been searching for a mexican rice recipe! I am going to try this next week and link my menu Monday to your recipe. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fabulous! Thank you and hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete